Thursday 27 June 2013

No post yesterday!

Well, that's disappointing, I didn't post yesterday - how did that happen?!
I had an appointment at Occupational Health yesterday - a bit depressing. And it said clearly on the referral form Complex Regional Pain Syndrome so guess what?! I had to explain it to her as she'd never heard of it. Surprise, surprise! She could have at least searched it before she saw me. I'm very interested to read her report.
I ironed 5 shirts and hung the washing on the line. I vacuumed the rug. I had a visitor today - how lovely; a lady from work. She was genuinely interested in CRPS. We chatted for 2 hours! She is returning to work next week having been absent for 5 months after being treated for breast cancer. It was good to speak to someone who understands how I'm missing work, feeling so tired, popping pills, learning to put yourself first at least some of the time.
I said CRPS is not life threatening and she replied immediately - maybe not but it is life changing! She's so right.
When I get the report from Occupational Health I'll speak to my Head Teacher and negotiate a solution to make sure I have equality at work. My knowledge and skills are not disabled and I can still do my job to a high standard. My reasonable adjustments are regarding the physical side of my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment