Friday 28 June 2013

I woke up this morning feeling odd - I can't describe or explain what I was feeling. I wasn't particularly in any more pain but I just felt odd - down maybe, a bit forgotten maybe - I don't know.

Any way I gave my son a lift to school because I was awake and he had a lot to carry and it was trying to rain. I had a big, warm, bubbly bath and then I lay down and did a 25 minute full body scan. My physiotherapist recorded himself taking us through this and then emailed the file. It's the first time I've used it. It worked well and I was pleased that I felt I focussed on each part of my body and didn't allow thoughts or anything else to distract me. I felt better once I 'd finished so then I did 25 minutes of mindful stretching exercises and felt even better.

I am learning. I have to do these things; they are part of my new life living with CRPS that is spreading. When my alarm went off to remind me to take my tablets and to do some mindful breathing - I did both straight away. They are important. I have to make sure they are important like other things are important to other people and I wouldn't question that at all whatsoever. I am important and so are the things that are part of my new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment