Thursday 20 June 2013

CRPS Spreads

I had it confirmed today that my CRPS has spread. My new symptoms are left side chest pain which sometimes shoots down my left arm to meet the pain shooting up my left arm from my hand! Also dizziness (pre syncope) and breathlessness (respiratory). I've been signed off work until 3rd September 2013. I was quite relieved when the doctor said that because I kept trying to figure out when I could return to work and now I can relax a bit. I have a reasonable amount of time to get myself into a new routine to cope with the pain.

I don't want to increase medication at the moment, I'm saving that if there comes a time when I can't cope. I try to do mindful breathing for 5 minutes 3 times a day and mindful stretching exercises for 25 minutes every day. These are my achievements with CRPS. They really do help with the pain and coping.

I drove to the doctors and back; I didn't wake up until 8.30am! I've nearly finished 29 school reports; I went for a walk round the block with my husband and our dog for 20 minutes; I hung the washing on the line and then had to get it all back in because it decided to pour with rain! Quite a good day with CRPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment