Thursday 4 July 2013

More Positive

Ok. There's stuff going on with my employer and it has been upsetting me. I have sent an email outlining my concerns and I immediately felt a bit better. I have avoided checking my emails because that's what set me off again this morning. I sent a short email yesterday putting forward my suggestion and when there was no response when I checked this morning I got upset. So I'm not going to check my emails until tomorrow morning. Honestly if I received the email I sent (which was quite long and emotional) I would have to make some reply immediately even if it was just an acknowledgement.

Anyway, achievements for today: I took our dog for a 20 minute walk, on my own and as fast as I could walk. I knew my son would be home soon so if I got stuck I would be able to call him to help me, but I didn't need to. Also, I did my 25 minutes mindful stretching exercises and 25 minutes mindful body scan. That made me feel much better this morning.

I've decided that I need to be more determined. I would say I've always been a very determined person and do what I want as long as it's not hurting anyone. Somewhere, at some time, I've lost my determination and focus. I've become an ill person who listens to what everyone says, gets confused and then follows someone's advice. I end up doing things and wondering how on earth I got there. I've stopped doing things because other people have told me to. So, I've made a conscious decision to get it back. I refuse to be defined by CRPS. I need to be me who just happens to have CRPS. I really am learning to be me with special effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment