Sunday 21 July 2013

The Weekend

Yesterday I:-
Did 25 minutes mindful stretches with DVD
Walked dog as fast as we could walk 20 minutes
Drove to see my Dad. My Mum is going away for 5 days so I'll need to stay in touch with Dad to make sure he's ok while she's away. He says he likes being on his own sometimes. I can understand that - not having to justify or chat...
Drove home
My new gerbils arrived in a fantastic snazzy cage with loads of toys and gadgets. They are Milly and Molly. We need to handle them lots so that they are ready for the school children. I think they are about 4 months old; an ex work colleague didn't want them any more so I've adopted them. My previous gerbils, Salt and Pepper have been adopted by a work colleague because she got attached to them while she was looking after them because I was absent from work due to long term sick leave.
Drove to restaurant with hubby and drove home

It was lovely to go out to dinner with my hubby. We had a lovely chat and saw a couple of people we know. He wanted a little walk after dinner, I was tired but I didn't say anything and actually it was alright. I'm glad we did - I don't want to be forever saying I can't do things.

Today, I struggled out of bed. I had a warm bath and did 25 minutes mindful stretching exercises with the DVD; they really do help - I feel like I can move afterwards. I've pretty much sat today, on the internet reading; "The Royal College of Physicians' Guidelines for CRPS (2012)" which was interesting reading although I didn't learn anything new. I'm trying to find where it said that CRPS spreads after 2 years, I'm sure I read it and didn't imagine it. I think it's important to me to know that my CRPS might have spread anyway either with or without hard work and stress. I suppose I want to know I can work hard and have a bit of stress without risking my health. I think I will be more able to deal with the stress now because I have spent a lot of time learning relaxation techniques and realistic expectations and trying not to judge. I need to try hard not to judge because I find it difficult and also I need to try to acknowledge thoughts without necessarily engaging with them.
I also ironed 5 shirts today. I've been watching the cricket; the Ashes. I hung the washing on the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment