Thursday 25 July 2013

Not yet though

Writing this at 7:45pm so I haven't started writing my blog after my mindful stretching exercises yet. I was in a bit of a rush this morning - I still did one load of washing and hung it out. And I still did my mindful stretching exercises for 25 minutes. I really have trouble getting going without them, they help so much. I drove to work and worked all day sorting through papers and things, finding a new home for everything. When I left my classroom all the surfaces were absolutely clear so that the cleaners can have a good old clean. It was a good feeling as I closed the door knowing how tidy it is. That's a big achievement. My son was a super star - he lifted , moved, shredded, binned... all to my command. He also helped other teachers with their boxes and furniture. We threw out 6 black bags full and a collection of boxes. I bought him a takeaway and said thank you a million times.
We're both tired now..
But I did quite a long day and worked quite hard and I feel so much better now. I need to write my flare-up plan.
Oh yes... I also opened the cards and gifts the children left for me. I'm always overwhelmed by the generosity of the gifts and the beautiful words written in the cards. I'll set a time to write each single one of them a Thank You note and deliver them by hand. No flowers or wine which is perfect for me and a little bit of chocolate which is also perfect.
Oh yes...and we celebrated my son's 21st birthday yesterday. Perfect.
Did I mention we celebrated my sister's 50th birthday too? It's her birthday today and she is in The Grand in Brighton with a sea view and afternoon tea. Lovely. She loves the Spoon theory and has shared it with others.
Just phoned my Dad, he seems in better spirits today partly because he's finished the antibiotics and can drink Guinness again.

No comments:

Post a Comment