Friday 19 July 2013

Borrowed Spoons

Yesterday I got up at 6.30am.
I got washed and dressed.
I did 25 minutes mindful stretching exercises with the DVD ( my theories on mirror therapy - Wednesday 17 July 2013)
I drove my son to his work experience placement and then drove myself to work by 8.45am.
I watched the last whole school assembly of the academic year.
I had photos taken with my football team and with my class.
I said goodbye to my class and wished them good luck etc. for their new schools in September.
They gave me a group hug but I had to squeal, " one at a time!!"
I talked to a few people and drove home.
In the evening, I got a lift to a restaurant where I had dinner with about 20 work colleagues.
I had to wait 2 hours for dinner, by which time I was ready to come home! I think because we were a large group and quite a few were drinking expensive cocktails, they delayed our dinner for as long as they thought they could get away with. Also, most of our group had a starter, I so wished I had!
I chatted to most people; one lovely conversation somehow turned into a very long debate about food, why do people always want to talk about food to vegetarians? It made me feel quite sick, bit fortunately I was able to turn my head and talk to different people about the prospects for a bride in an orthodox Jewish wedding. I got a lift home.

Today, I dragged myself out of bed.
I did 25 minutes mindful stretches with the DVD and also 15 minutes body scan. I had to stop the body scan as I began to feel unwell.
I took the dog for a walk before it got too hot, 20 minutes.
I've now spent quite a long time searching the web about a new treatment that has been mentioned to me: NAET. The thing is people quite often want to feel helpful so they suggest all kinds of treatments and theories etc. I know they are trying to be helpful but I find it hard to stay positive and accept my condition when so many people seem to know the cure. It makes me feel again that there's nothing wrong with me and it's all in my head and any one of these suggestions will cure me.

I also found the spoon theory that I like http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/
and this
http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/articles/sick-humor/sick-humor-the-top-ten-worst-suggestions-commonly-given-to-someone-with-a-chronic-illness/
Haha I need to laugh!!!
The internet might be a minefield but it is also a saviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment