Thursday 8 August 2013

5 Days

I have realised I haven't written for 5 days...that's a long time. Have I really had no achievements in those days? Let me try to remember:-
I ironed some shirts, maybe 3, can't remember what day.
British Gas visited and quoted for a new boiler, he was here for ages but we got the quote in the end and it was pretty much what we had guessed. Their finance package is good so we paid a deposit and booked an appointment, really soon too.
We could then confirm with the bathroom shop that we accepted their quote for a lovely new bathroom with a power shower - just what I need. I could've done with a power shower this morning. So that appointment is also now booked. We've got to pay the deposit for that this week.
Took the dog out for a 20 minute walk once.
Did a bit of research for my maths task.
Read 100 pages of a book my son recommended to me.
Hung out a few loads of washing, can't remember how many exactly.
Washed my hair today - always a tiring task.
Had my annual contact lens check and two yearly eye check, that is sooo tiring... I must have had every test imaginable and the end result was that everything is ok and no change.
Oh yes, and I've done 25 minutes mindful stretching exercises every morning. It's kind of good that I'm forgetting that I do these as it means it's becoming part of my routine without having to think about it. I've read that getting into routines helps free up brain space because you don't have to think about it. I need all the brain space I can get.
Erm...that's 5 days worth of achievements, I suppose there are some good achievements with CRPS in there. I'm feeling depressed and guilty that I feel depressed because I've got no reason to feel depressed which is making it worse. I keep telling myself to think positively and embrace each moment but it's not that simple. I have a huge, thick, dark blanket over me and I can't just shrug it off. It's not rational, or reasonable - it's suffocating.
I'm trying really hard to appear normal, whatever that is, but I know I've snapped and grumped. I want to do something but I don't know what I want to do so I can't do it.
That's why I'm going to see my sister today, I'm hoping that will help me shift the blanket. The weather is sunny so that helps me a bit. I'll pop into see my Dad, that should help too.
I'm thinking I might need to ask for more medication because my arm and chest are painful more and more and I know I don't have to put up with it but I'm frightened to increase medication as it seems I never decrease it. I could try taking extra paracetamol first, I could take an occasional co-codamol, that shouldn't affect me too badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment