Friday 2 August 2013

Aagh

My arm is still hurting and is getting worse. It feels like an electric shock starting in my fingers and then travelling up my arm and across my chest. It really stops me in my tracks and takes a while to ease enough to be able to continue what I'm doing. It feels like if I touch someone they will surely be able to feel the electricity but my hubby and son say they can't feel it. I take painkillers and focus on my breathing.

It has stopped me a bit but I'm determined it won't stop me too much. I vacuumed all downstairs today. My son moved the furniture and also helped. I did 25 minutes mindful stretching exercises including the ones on my front. I went to Tesco with hubby and did the weekly shopping - I only had to sit down once. I hung the washing on the line when the thunderstorms had gone.
I feel so much better every day - the rest is definitely working.

Later, though, I didn't feel too good at all - I'd used up all my spoons and borrowed some from tomorrow - I must remember about pacing, it is important and I keep forgetting that this is my life now. When I feel well I forget that I've got CRPS and that means I'm not able to do all the things at once anymore. I can still do all the things I want to do but I need to spread them evenly taking care of my daily allowance of spoons and being mindful.

This post really shows how up and down Rollercoaster CRPS is and therefore how mindful of pacing I need to be...

Spoon theory = http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

No comments:

Post a Comment