Thursday 5 September 2013

Back to School

I went back to school yesterday and was in class all day - I am very pleased with myself - it is a huge achievement. I really enjoyed it and I have a lovely class of children - 10 boys and 10 girls - so not a whole class under normal circumstances but they are my class at the moment. New children are joining all the time, I had two new additions to my class yesterday - 1 boy and 1 girl.

Many people came to find me to see how I was getting on and if I was coping. The majority of people are so kind and thoughtful. I thought I was going to find it more difficult especially given the bad news about my Dad on Tuesday. He wants us all to be positive and to carry on as he is doing himself so bravely. I was at the hospital with him so I volunteered to 'phone everyone to let them know the news. That was how I spent Tuesday evening.

I have a couple of hours at home today to recuperate from yesterday and my class are in the trusted hands of our regular supply teacher who is wonderful. She met them yesterday so they will be fine and I've left some lovely work for them to do. I think I would rather bank her time as I don't think I need it as much now as I will later on when I've been teaching a few weeks and parents' evening is looming. Hopefully my Head will agree.

Blood test first thing this morning - my husband and I both had to go - a nice little trip out together. We arrived at the hospital at 7.30am and there were already 68 people queuing before us. We were seen at 8.45am so not too bad. Hubby seems to be getting better every day and he is driving now as well so he can occupy himself better.

My youngest son went back to school today looking very smart as usual on his first day. He'll moan when he sees he has an appointment with the careers officer on his half day next week. All sons at home at the moment so it's all a bit busy here at home - nice though.

I have to make some 'phone calls now for my Dad and for my Access to Work. Oh and I've been ironing and dog walking and driving and washing and... must be careful not to overdo it.

No comments:

Post a Comment